Wednesday 17 May 2017

Castaway

I have landed on a stranded island, I’m getting scared i don’t know what to do. I looked around to see if this is a safe and beautiful island and it’s as beautiful as the sunset and all I could hear was the loving sound of the waves. I felt a little bit safer so I explored the island before doing something. I dragged my boat on to the surface so it doesn’t float away and then next thing you know POP! My boat popped and now i’m disappointed.

I was just walking around and I stepped on something, it was a stick so then I thought what if I made shelter so I can survive so I did. I started to collect sticks, rocks, fronds, moss, twigs pretty much everything that I saw. I looked for an open space then I started weaving the flax for a bed and tying the wood together with some of the flax. I put the wood up in like a pointy way and I felt exhausted and I was proud that I could do all of this and the weaved flax was my blanket and I grabbed the sticks and made a fire.

While I was waiting I forgot about food so I went searching for food. I was also collecting sticks, rocks and some other stuff so I could get food. I saw some coconuts so I tried using sticks but that didn’t work so I used rocks that didn’t work either then I started shaking the tree with all my strength and finally it worked. I grabbed the coconuts and went to my shelter and started grabbing shells so I can break the coconuts and while I was doing that I knew that I can make a bowl/cup so I can scoop up water and bring it back to my shelter.

I had some sleeps in the shelter but I didn’t feel so well so I went out on the sand and I started drawing a big sign saying help so someone can come and help me so I can be rescued. I can go back home and I can relax in my comfy bed. I used my feet and sticks to draw the word help on the sand like huge so someone can see that i’m on the island waiting for help. I was really tired so I went to my shelter laid on the boat and put the flax blanket on me. Then I went to sleep.

While I was sleeping I heard a loud noise and It sounded like a buzzing bee but even louder. It got louder and louder so I woke up and went out of my shelter and looked around, for a minute a thought there was no one but before I was going to leave I saw a red and yellow figure in the distance. It came closer and closer, when it was close as I saw a helicopter and I was like they saw my signal for help “YAY!” I shouted with excitement and relief. Then I started saying “HELP HELP” so they could hear me but I thought they can’t hear me so I started waving my arms and still saying help and they saw me. They came down and said “come in” so I did and I felt so happy that I nearly cried. “Bye bye land” I whispered to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment