Wednesday 26 September 2018

Cross Country Day!

WALT: Writing for the audience of my peers and whanau

Body aching so much, don’t think I could heal from it….. CROSS COUNTRY IS OVER YAY!

Last week we had Cross Country and everyone was wearing different colours to support their house and people. Some wore costumes, ribbons, wigs, lei’s and other wacky things. Before we started everyone was nervous, everyone was shaking and when  Mr Burt said “On your marks, Get set, GO!” we were off.

When we were running it was muddy, it was tiring and we were all breathless. All girls were huffing and puffing to the end of the course but each one of us tried our best and kept going until we finished the entire race. I finished the race, calves stiff as stone, body aching so much and throat drying up in the hot sun, breathing heavily as I grab a water from the teachers and sit down to catch my breath.

I came in the top 15’s and i’m proud of myself, my goal wasn’t to come in the top 10’s or 5’s, but my goal was to finish the whole course by trying my best! My favourite part about cross country was people encouraging others who were struggling to run, they kept persuading them to keep going because they knew that they could make it to the end.

Task Description -
This week for writing we had to write about Cross Country but before we started that we had to brain storm. What we had to do was name things that happened in cross country and put them into groups, we had to use those words we came up with and use them to help us write about cross country.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Trendy,
    I see that your doing great in writing, and I really like what you have wrote about cross country. Keep up the amazing and creative work.

    Kind regards Santana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trendy I really like your Cross Country writing.I liked how you described what it looked liked.Great Job!

    ReplyDelete